What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the HMG DESIGNER BRANDS website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalized web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
By using our site, you consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
• To allow you to securely sign in to your HMG DESIGNER BRANDS Account.
• To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
• To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. HMG DESIGNER BRANDS uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
• To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
• For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer's hard drive. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar.